Sofia Kenin is a former World No. 4 singles player, Australian Open Champion, and French Open Finalist. Known for her aggressive style of play and mental toughness, Kenin began playing tennis at age 5 and had immediate success. She climbed the Junior rankings to World No. 2 and began playing her first professional matches by age 14. At just 21 years old, Kenin won the 2020 Australian Open for her first Grand Slam singles title, coming from a set down to defeat Garbiñe Muguruza in the final.
– She achieved World No. 4 singles ranking in March 2020.
– Kenin won her first Grand Slam Singles Title in 2020 at the Australian Open, becoming the youngest American woman to win a Grand Slam since Serena Williams won Wimbledon in 2002.
– She was a Finalist at the 2020 French Open, winning four three-set matches before falling to Iga Świątek in the final.
– Kenin was named WTA Most Improved Player in 2019 and WTA Player of the Year in 2020.
– 7 career titles – 5 in singles; 2 in doubles